Foremost specialist in historical maps of Scotland
Secure payment
Credit card, check, direct debit...
Express shipping
Royal Mail, Pickup point...
Contact
Tel: + 44 (0)1309 676276

Dundee & Angus

 Angus was historically a county, known officially as Forfarshire from the 18th century until 1928. The county is traditionally associated with the Pictish kingdom of Circinn, which is thought to have encompassed Angus and the Mearns.  Angus is seen as the birthplace of Scotland. The signing of the Declaration of Arbroath at Arbroath Abbey in 1320 marked Scotland's establishment as an independent nation. It is an area of rich history from Pictish times onwards. Notable historic sites in addition to Arbroath Abbey include Glamis Castle, Arbroath Signal Tower museum and the Bell Rock Light House. Historically, the dominant language in Angus was Pictish until the sixth to seventh centuries AD when the area became progressively gaelicised, with Pictish extinct by the mid-ninth century.Gaelic/Middle Irish began to retreat from lowland areas in the late-eleventh century and was absent from the Eastern lowlands by the fourteenth century. It was replaced there by Middle Scots , the contemporary local Southern Dialect  dialect of Modern Scots , while Gaelic persisted as a majority language in the highland Glens until the 19th century.Scottish English is now increasingly replacing Scots. Dundee s the fourth-largest city in Scotland. Its history begins with the Picts in the Iron Age.. Throughout the Industrial Revolution, the local jute industry caused the city to grow rapidly and is known as the city of "jute, jam and journalism".
Angus 1794: 4 map set by Ainslie
14.95
Large Scale County Map of Angus in 1794 by Ainslie 117cm x 101 cm in total over 4 maps, 1 inch to the mile available as a set of 4 (£14.95) or as separate sheets (£6.25).
An excellent example of Ainslie's work. Born in Jedburgh in 1745, John Ainslie was one of the top surveyors and map makers of late 18th century Scotland.
Areas are Montrose (1), Arbroath (2), Kirriemuir (3), Dundee (4)
Angus: Sh 1 of 4 Montrose 1794 (Ainslie)
6.95
Large Scale County Map by Ainslie in 1794 including:
Brechin Edzel Forfar Glen Esk Stracathro Tannadice
Printed area approx 80cm x 51cm 
Angus: Sh 2 of 4 Arbroath 1794 (Ainslie)
6.95
Large Scale County Map by Ainslie in 1794 including: Brechin Carnoustie Forfar Leuchars Monifieth Montrose St Andrews Tannadice Printed area approx 80cm x 51cm 
Angus: Sh 3 of 4 Kirriemuir 1794 (Ainslie)
6.95
Large Scale County Ma by Ainslie in 1794 including: Alyth Blairgowrie Cortachie Glamis Glen Clova Gen Isla Glen Mark Glen Prosen Glen Shee Linthrathen Printed area approx 80cm x 51cm 
Angus: Sh 4 of 4 Dundee 1794 (Ainslie)
6.95
 Large Scale County Map by Ainslie in 1794 including: Alyth Blairgowrie Cortachie Couper Angus Glamis Kilmenie Kirriemuir Meigle Newburgh Perth Printed area approx 80cm x 51cm
Atlas of Scotland  -  Balmoral, Grampian Sheet 39 Original 1912
14.95
Atlas of Scotland in 1912 - Including Aviemore Cairngorm Mountains Braemar Balmoral Ballater

Atlas of Scotland  -  Montrose in Angus & major part of North Sea Sheet 37 Original 1912
14.95
Atlas of Scotland in 1912 - Including Forfar Brechin Arbroath Montrose 


Balmoral 65
5.95
Victorian Ordnance Survey Map of Scotland. Including: Ballater Braemar Derry Lodge Glen Cova Inverey Linn of Dee Loch Muick Lochnagar First Edition revised to 1896 Parishes located on this map:- Cortachy (part), Crathy (part), Glenisla (part), Glenmuick (part), Kirkmichael (part), Lethnot (part), Lochlee (part), Moulin (part)
Banchory & Laurencekirk 66
5.95
Victorian Ordnance Survey Map of Scotland. Including: Aboyne Auchinblae Drumlithie Fettercairn Glentannar Kincardine O`Neil Muir of Dinnet First Edition revised to 1896 Parishes located on this map:- Aboyne (part), Banchory Ternan (part), Birse, Edzell (part), Glenmuick (part), Inverbervie / Bervie (part), Kincardine O'Niel (part), Lethnot (part), Lochlee (part), Maryculter (part), Strachan
County Map of Scotland - 1847 - Angus (known in past as Forfar)
8.95
Full colour County Maps of Scotland - Angus in 1847 Including Dundee, Arbroath, Forfar, Montrose
Dundee East & St Andrews 49
5.95
Victorian Ordnance Survey Map of Scotland. Including: Arbroath Bell Rock Broughty Ferry Carnoustie Dairsie Firth of Tay Leuchars Monifieth Newport Tayport First Edition revised to 1896 Parishes located on this map:- Aberbrothock / Arbroath (part), Arbirlot (part), Barrie, Carmylie (part), Dundee (part), Inverarity (part), Main of Fintry / Mains & Strathmartine (part), Monifieth, Monikie (part), Muirhouse / Murroes, Panbride, St Vigeans (part), Strathmartin (part), Tealing (part)
Forfar & Montrose 57
5.95
Victorian Ordnance Survey Map of Scotland. Including: Brechin Edzell Friockheim Guthrie Inverkeilor Johnshaven Marykirk St Cyrus Tannadice Vigeans First Edition revised to 1896 Parishes located on this map:- Aberbrothock / Arbroath (part), Aberlemno, Arbirlot (part), Brechin, Benholm (part), Careston, Carmylie (part), Cortachy, Craig, Dun, Dunnichen, Edzell (part), Fern, Fernell / Farnell, Fettercairn (part), Forfar, Garvock (part), Guthrie, Inverarity (part), Inverkeillor, Kinnell, Kinnettles (part), Kirkden, Kirriemuir (part), Laurencekirk (part), Lethnot (part), Logie / Logie Pert, Lunan, Marykirk, Maryton, Menmuir, Monikie (part), Montrose, Oathlaw, Rescobie, St Cyrus, St Vigeans (part), Stracathro / Strichathrow, Tannadice (part)
Scottish Town Plans -  Arbroath 1822 (John Wood map)
5.95
John Wood's Scottish Town Plans 1818 - 1825 - Arbroath Some property owners named. 
Scottish Town Plans -  Brechin 1822 (John Wood map)
5.95
John Wood' s Scottish Town Plans 1818 - 1825 - Brechin Numerous property owners named. 

Scottish Town Plans -  Dundee 1821 (John Wood map)
5.95
John Wood' s Scottish Town Plans 1818 - 1825 - Dundee Does not give any property owners
Scottish Town Plans -  Forfar 1822 (John Wood map)
5.95
John Wood' s Scottish Town Plans 1818 - 1825 - Forfar Numerous property owners named 
Scottish Town Plans - Montrose 1820 (John Wood map)
5.95
John Wood' s Scottish Town Plans 1818 - 1825 - Montrose
A large number of property owners named.